PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO PROCELLA PRAIRIE
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Skarmory Voltorb Electrike Emolga Rhyhorn
Dangerous and completely unused to human interaction, the Pokémon within the encampments of Procella Prairie hunt in packs, attacking campers for food and sport. Residents are advised not to engage, and many a tent has been abandoned because of the frequent rampages. Indeed, herds of Rhyhorn originally introduced to draw the ever-present lightning away have instead become the area's worst pest problem, drawing massive thunderclouds with their groups as they travel. Procella's official bird is Skarmory.
Burdened by nigh-constant thunder and rain, what could otherwise be a quite nice retreat from the harsh wilderness that spans the islands isn't suitable for most anything to live, much less a proper settlement. Electric-, Steel- and Flying-type Pokémon are abundant to almost absurd quantities due to a total lack of natural predators, making this a hotspot for trainers and researchers alike. Clusters of tents dot the landscape erratically, the only sign of the small groups of settlers who've decided to brave the weather, all of whom are much too scattered and fluid to ever form a true cultural background.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  River's A-Runnin', Interaction w/ Iarla
This user is currently Offline.
28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elijah Messere can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
whiskey river
own tempo
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elijah Messere posted at Feb 3 2018, 05:31 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
It wasn't exactly a secret that Elijah was...well, a bit of a mess and a thrill seeker. In the short time he had been with the Procella Rangers, he had proven himself an undoubtedly hard worker...when on the clock, anyway. Any other time he was just a man who enjoyed fast riding and alcohol, and even better was combining the two.

He wasn't too drunk, all things considered: in part, it was because the day was young, and also partly because he was running low, but that would have to wait. It was one of his days off, which meant he was riding, and while it was the best time for him to search for something to drink, he just wasn't in the mood.

Back and forth he and Whiskey River thundered, passing in front of the ranger station repeatedly. The mudsdale was not one of the light-footed running pokemon you might find in a rapidash or zebstrika; he was thick, muscled, powerful. Maybe his strength and abilities were more suited to pulling or pushing than running, but he and Elijah both loved the thrill of going fast.

It wasn't until Whiskey River's sides were heaving under Elijah that the ranger thought they should take a break, and just as he gave the reins a gentle tug, the pokemon's hooves passed over a particularly icy patch of mud. The mudsdale let out a shrieking sort of sound at the surprise, scrambling to keep his footing. He caught himself on the edge of the icy mud and slowed to a trot, but Elijah was not so lucky. He lost his seat almost too easily and hit the ground with a thud, dimly aware that they were in full view of the station.

Closing his eyes and groaning, it was all he could do not to shove Whiskey's face away when the mudsdale came back to snuffle at him curiously.

@Iarla Wogan
+1 Post
+1 Seasonal (ice)

This post has been edited by Elijah Messere: Feb 3 2018, 05:31 AM

----------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

35 years old
Falbh a ghabhail do Ghnúis airson cac
Open Inventory
LC:
Iarla Wogan can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Bridget
Rivalry
Lv.12
10%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Iarla Wogan posted at Feb 13 2018, 08:34 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Iarla rarely hung around the station for longer than he needed to refill his supplies and drop off those he just bought. So he got back just in time to see Elijah hit the deck and sighed, feeling like he’s already seen this too many times.

He abandoned heading up stairs, wary of leaving the man to a head wound. Bridget followed closely, running ahead of Iarla to sniff at Elijah’s face too. “The hell did you do, lad?” Iarla sighed, and then yawned, tears leaking out of the corners of his eyes. He was supposed to be back so he could rest.

Standing directly over his head, he glanced down and tried to gauge if the other man was really hurt or possibly just concussed. “How much have you had to drink already? It’s barely passed noon.”

Cautiously he stepped around and almost slid himself on the patch of ice, arm pinwheeling for a moment. “Oi, well, I guess it ain’t entirely your fault,” he said mildly as if he didn’t quite believe it, but was willing to let it go. “You seeing double, lad?” Iarla held out a few fingers, wiggling them around.

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
whiskey river
own tempo
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elijah Messere posted at Feb 14 2018, 02:35 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Puffing out the quietest laugh and still trying to catch his breath, Elijah closed his eyes. For a brief second, he tried to pretend Iarla was not there and had not seen his fall, but he knew everyone at the station had seen him spill from the saddle plenty. It was hard to be embarrassed when you did this kind frequently, especially with a little bit of drink dampening your mind.

Instead, he lifted a hand to try to shove Whiskey River away, only to find that Bridget was there as well. He waved a hand and pushed himself up into a sitting position, the mudsdale snorting his amusement as he stepped back to greet Iarla by licking at his head. Elijah groaned, putting a hand to his own chest. "It never gets easier."

He squinted up at the other ranger, a half-smirk spreading across his lips. "Could get used to this." He was already used to it. "I'm not drunk, though. Believe it or not." Well, he was only a little drunk, as opposed to his normal shit-faced riding. Later on it might be a different story, but he knew full well Whiskey needed a chance to rest first. The mudsdale had stamina to spare, but it was not endless, and the slick ice was risky for them both.

"I'm fine," the grounded ranger laughed, waving a hand. He pushed to his feet, slipping just a little on the ice, and then toddled to a less slick patch of ground. "Whiskey, you okay? Ah, you're fine, you're fine." He waved a hand at the pokemon, who skirted the ice delicately and shoved his nose against his rider. "Get off me, brute. I hate this time of year. Give me green grass and solid ground any day."

Not that Elijah would learn his lesson about riding on ice, of course. He was too stubborn for that, and Whiskey enjoyed the thrill of speed as much as his trainer did. "Get off there before you hit the ground, Iarla, it's slick!" Duh.

@[Iarlah Wogan]
+1 Post
+1 Seasonal (ice)

----------

35 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bridget
Rivalry
Lv.12
10%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Iarla Wogan posted at Feb 14 2018, 03:18 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Really?” He wasn’t drunk yet? That seemed unusual. “Huh, are you sure you’re ok? Now I’m worried you’ve something else wrong with ye.” His hair was now doing interesting things with mudsdale spit holding it up, but Iarla merely patted the giant animal on the neck and carefully slid his way to the squishy, muddier ground.

“Aye, I can’t wait til winter’s over myself. That eruption did us no favors.” He readjusted his pack, starting to turn to head back towards the station with a glance over his shoulder. “I’ve found the ice already, with my legs. Now, come on. I want to give your head a quick look, make sure you’re not concussed.”

Bridget pawed at Elijah’s legs and boots, hooking a claw in here or there. Eventually, her teeth latched on and she tried to drag him towards the station steps.

@Elijah Messere

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
whiskey river
own tempo
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elijah Messere posted at Today at 06:33 am
Quote ❝❞
^
"I'm fine," Elijah laughed, trying to smooth his mussed hair. It was plastered with bits of frozen mud, but he still tried patting it into place. He followed Iarla as he did, reaching out to pat Whiskey's neck as the mudsdale fell into step next to him. As much as he wanted to climb back into the saddle and ride off because he felt fine except a little winded, he knew he'd best just play it safe.

Bridget, of course, was totally the reason he was heading towards the station steps, and he let out a relieved sigh when they reached them. "Boy, Bridget, I never would have made it all the way over here without your help! Thanks for that!" He reached down to try to pat her, not caring if his hand got clawed or bit. It was all part of the danger. Whiskey stood at the base of the steps and watched as Elijah wobbled up them, snorting his concern.

The ranger waved a hand lazily, not looking back. He knew if he looked back he would want to go right back down those stairs to his pokemon-slash-best-friend, and then he would probably get Looks and Words from Iarla, and even if he didn't have a headache or a concussion he thought that might make him wish he did. "I'm fine! I've taken worse. I'll see you in a bit and we'll run some more. Iarla, tell Whiskey I'll be able to ride some more, before he cries."

@Iarla Wogan

----------

35 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bridget
Rivalry
Lv.12
10%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Iarla Wogan posted at 26 minutes ago
Quote ❝❞
^
Bridget responded to the teasing with a playful growl, attacking the presented hand and clinging to it without too much use of her claws. She attempted to ride him all the way up to the station, teeth digging into fingers.

Iarla rolled his eyes, but he was already a few steps ahead of Elijah, so it lost some of the effect. “Yes, yes, you can go running later. Once I’ve made sure you’re nae slowly dying of a brain hemorrhage.” Thank Celebi the Mudsdale couldn’t join them up the stairs.

Up to the top and inside the building, Iarla shuffled over to his office. He didn’t shuck off anything until they were settled in and then he dropped his heavy pack on the floor and peeled out of his coat. “I’ll be quick, though I’d prefer if you dinnae immediately go off and start riding again.” Eventually his face was going to freeze into that quietly disapproving look.

He had the tiniest of medical cots set up and gestured towards it, pulling on gloves mainly out of habit even though he wasn’t going to be doing anything that really needed them. “Did you mainly stick to the prairie while I was gone? I don’t know who’s covering what routes anymore.”

@Elijah Messere

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay